Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ordination

Congratulations to Stephen Snelling, who was ordained as a priest in Rochester Cathedral yesterday afternoon. Here he is, (looking somewhat relieved after the service, I think). The black box contains a home Communion set which the Diocese gave to all the ordinands so that they can celebrate Communion with those who are housebound.



















While we were in the cathedral we spotted (it was hard to miss) the banners made by church schools around the Diocese. They illustrate the sayings from John's Gospel which are known as the "I am" sayings. Jesus says, "I am the bread of life," "I am the Way the Truth and the Life" " I am the Good Shepherd" etc. Among the hangings was Seal school's offering, which Nicky Harvey and Linda Montgomery had masterminded - it is second to the left in this picture. You may be able to spot a photo of our altar frontal on one of the panels if you look closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment