Sunday, May 22, 2016

A cake to be reckoned with...

Much to my surprise I won the "guess the weight of the cake" competition at Seal School fete yesterday (I guessed 5lb 14oz, because it happened to be the birth weight of my first born - he's over 6ft now!) The competition was raising funds for Seal Tiddlers, which meets in the church hall on Thursdays.
It was a magnificent cake, a veritable Everest of a cake (Everest was, after all , first climbed the week the the Queen was crowned) ...but I felt completely unequal to the challenge of eating it! Fortunately I had a congregation to help me... It was good to be able to share it after church this morning. We also had a cake sale to raise money for Christian Aid - not sure what the total raised was, but many thanks to all who donated cakes and helped to sell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment