Monday, October 06, 2014

A great harvest service & a surprise for me!

We had a very joyful harvest service, and enjoyed welcoming Josie Monks into the church in baptism as part of it. We gave thanks for all God's gifts - and especially the gift of Josie!

Unbeknownst to me, the congregation had their own plans for the service, however (not that I ever feel very much in charge of what's going on!), and surprised me at the end of it with a lovely card and a gift to celebrate the 20th anniversary of my ordination to the priesthood - I was ordained on Oct 2 1994. There was also a fantastic cake, decorated with edible pictures - how clever is that! It was a slightly surreal experience to cut myself up and eat myself, but it was a delicious cake!

Thank you also to Seal School who had also given me a card, with drawings and messages from all the children as well as a gift for the garden at their Harvest Service on Friday.

After such an exciting weekend, I am hoping for a quieter week ahead...

Thank you all for your kind wishes and support. It makes all the difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment