Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas

I am just beginning to surface from the Christmas festivities here. Inevitably I tend to heave a sigh of relief at this point that there were no disasters. No one burnt themselves on the Christingles, the Crib service didn't descend into total mayhem ... but I hope that in the midst of all the busyness we have also been able to hear the song of the angels and share in the wonder of the shepherds .

I am very grateful to all who help over Christmas - Kevin, who preached at the Midnight service, Rosemary, who works so hard behind the scenes as well as helping to lead worship, churchwardens, choir, organist, flower arrangers... and many others. Thanks to all, too, who sent cards and gifts to Philip and me - they are a real encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment